Unhinged








This post comes almost too belated to be relevant, but hopefully for those of you who couldn't catch the show, still interesting. I started organizing my second juried show in August for Gallery 263 in Cambridge, MA. Well July, if you include securing our juror, Mr. Joe Wardwell. The concept of "unhinged" is an unframed works on paper show -- I wanted to celebrate DRAWINGS!!! I love works on paper, and believe it is just as relevant a medium as canvas. I also wanted to show that art doesn't need a frame. It turned out to be a much more difficult show to hang as such, but made a great sense of continuity in a VERY eclectic show. Submissions were a HUGE success. I received 296 submissions from 116 artists, both locally, regionally and nationally. We selected 30 pieces, one per artist. Unfortunately, the show closed today... so no more viewing, but thank you to those who came, submitted, and supported in any element of the process.




Joe Wardwell and me at the reception for Unhinged



Comments

Popular Posts